Monday, September 6, 2010

Stand up to Cancer

I do not remember where I heard about the book "Between Me and the River" by Carrie Host but as soon as I read the last page a craft idea popped into my head. My mother was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer in March of this year and I have been documenting her struggle.




The author as italized text at the end of some of the chapters which I found helpful and think my mom will find it helpful if I put it into a format that she will take the time to read.

So I am typing out the entries that stood out to me and putting them in a scrapbook with pictures of mom the day she lost her hair which was also the day that we all shaved our heads in solidarity.






And a picture of her waiting to get her first blood transfusion that was needed to bring her hemoglobin level up.









I would like to get this done by September 8 as we are headed to see her oncologist Dr Dold for the results of a  CT scan she had done Friday to see if the two tumors in her left lung have shrunk or if we need to change chemotherapy drugs yet again.

Maybe I need to work on this for her and for me as a means to try and keep my hands busy so my mind will not wander to what he "might"say.

Staying hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment